Is a visa required to visit Hong Kong or Macao, the Special Administrative Regions of P. R. China?
Yes. Hong Kong and Macao are two Special Administrative Regions (SAR) of China. U.A.E. nationals enjoy visa-free access if they visit Hong Kong for duration of up to 30 days. As for whether a visa is required or not, the visitor can either check in the website of the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or consult the consular officers.
Please log on to the website of Immigration Department of Hong Kong Special Administration Region (SAR) or consult the consular officers about detailed information:
http://www.immd.gov.hk →Public Service→Hong Kong Visas→Visit Visa/Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
In normal circumstances, processing of an application for a visit visa can be finalized within four weeks after the receipt of all necessary documents.
To shorten processing time, application forms and supporting documents can be sent by Fax to 00852-2824 1133 in the first instance. However, the original copy of the duly completed application form and the photographs required should be sent immediately to the Hong Kong Immigration by Airmail. A visa will be issued only upon receipt of an original, properly completed visa application form.
Direct Postal Application can be mailed to the:
Hong Kong Immigration Department, Employment and Visit Visas Section,
24/F ImmigrationTower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wanchai Hong Kong.
Enquiries concerning the application procedure can be made to Hong Kong Immigration department at 00852-2824 6111, or by Fax 852-2877 7711 or
1. A completed Visa Application Form-- ID(E)1003 --, which should be typed and signed by the applicant. Visitors for tourism and business are required to submit page A, page A to be continued, and page B, C, D, L.
2. A copy (A-4 size) of the passport and U.A.E. residence visa, both of which should be valid for more than six months and a photograph as in the passport.
3. An employment/no-objection letter from the company, which clarifies the applicant's full name, position, nationality, passport number and the purpose of the visit, and a copy of the trade license, if self-employed.
4. An invitation letter from the sponsor in Hong Kong (for business visit).
5. Detailed schedule, confirmed hotel reservation and round air ticket booking (for tourism).
6. Original personal bank statement for the last three months.
Nationals of some countries visiting Macao may enjoy visa-free access. Visitors, who do not enjoy visa-free access, can apply for the visa on arrival.
Please log on to the website of the Macao Special Administrative Region ( SAR) or consult the consular officers about detailed information.